Family Law Attorneys Cumming, Alpharetta
Our family law attorneys represent clients in all aspects of family law matters and will protect your rights during this emotional and stressful time. With offices in Alpharetta and Cumming, we are convenient to your Forsyth County or North Fulton location. We make sure you obtain the best possible outcome for your circumstances and make every effort to avoid costly and time-consuming litigation.
Reeder Law Firm seeks to achieve out of court settlements when it is in your best interest but in some cases going to trial is the only means to achieve a favorable outcome for your case. Our dedicated Alpharetta family lawyers are prepared to aggressively pursue your action.
Cases We Handle
The family law attorneys in Alpharetta and Cumming at the Reeder Law Firm are experienced in all matters of family law issues that include:
- Modification of Child Custody or Visitation: The needs of children will change and grow as they mature. A parent’s circumstances may also change through the passing of time. In some cases, these warrant a modification of custody and/or visitation. In Georgia,
these are based on the best interests of the child and dealt with by the court on a case-by-case basis. The court will look at a myriad of factors
and we will work to resolve such modifications in a light most favorable for you. We work to protect the best interests of you and your children.
- Modification of Child Support: If the financial circumstances of the parties or the needs of the minor children have changed since the time your original Order was entered, you may be entitled to seek an alimony or child support modification. Our Alpharetta family lawyers can ensure that you are either receiving
or providing the appropriate amount of support based on your current situation.
- Relocations: It is extremely important for a parent seeking to relocate with a child, or for a parent seeking to prohibit another parent from relocating with
a child, to understand and follow the laws regarding relocation. We have experience in matters of relocations and can represent you in such a matter whether you are seeking to relocate with a child or seeking to prohibit another party from relocating with your child.
- Legitimation Lawyers: An action for Legitimation is the first step in the legal process if you have a child born out of wedlock and are seeking support from the other parent, visitation or custody, or simply want your child to be able to inherit from you.
- Contempt Lawyers: A court that renders a final decree of divorce, order of modification or other order identifying rights of the parties retains the power to
enforce all aspects of that order. If either party to the action violates the court order without legal justification, that party may be in “contempt
of court.” The Reeder Law Firm can assist you in filing, or defending against, a contempt action.
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements: Two people who are about to marry agree to pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Our attorneys write contracts between fiancés or spouses who are already married. These contracts delineate the parties’ financial relationship. Our experienced Alpharetta lawyers negotiate and draft these agreements. The attorney will analyze your current assets and debts along with your plans for the future and formulate the best strategy to ensure security of your financial situation.
Contact our Alpharetta Family Law Attorneys
Call (770) 475-2521 to schedule a free consultation with one of our family law attorneys in Cumming, or Alpharetta. We offer compassionate support and experienced guidance to help protect you, your children, and your best interests.